Where is Grapevine, Texas?
Settled quietly in the 76051, 76092, and 76099 zip codes of Tarrant County, and extending into Dallas and Denton counties, in the heart of Texas, Grapevine is one of the most privileged suburbs in the Metroplex, given its advantageous location midway between downtown Dallas and downtown Fort Worth (approximately 22-24 miles each way). Covering an area of approximately 35.9 square miles, of which 32.3 square miles are land, it houses a population of 50,538 inhabitants (2016 estimate). Grapevine is home to several wineries, and hosts parts of the DFW airport within its city limits. Read More
Grapevine, Texas Real Estate Statistics
|Search by Neighborhood||More Info on Grapevine|
POPULAR GRAPEVINE REAL ESTATE SEARCHES
|$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000||$500,000 - $600,000|
|$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000|
|$900,000 - $1,000,000||$1,000,000 - $1,500,000||$1,500,000 +|
|LAND FOR SALE||FORECLOSURES||LUXURY PROPERTIES|
GRAPEVINE HOME SEARCH BY MAP
JUST LISTED IN GRAPEVINE
THE 10 MOST EXPENSIVE HOMES CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET IN GRAPEVINE
|Arbormont Estates||Forest Lake||Roberts Road|
|Austin Oaks||Glade Crossing||Shadow Glen|
|Autumn Hills Grapevine||Glade Landing||Shorewood Park|
|Baker Lewis T||Grapevine Lake||Silver Lake|
|Belfort||Hidden Lake||Skyline Oaks|
|Bellaire||High Oaks||Stone Bride Oaks|
|Blair Manor||High Point Farms||Stone Bridge Oaks|
|Box D E||Hunters Ridge||Stonewood|
|Canterbury Village||Jones J Crossing||Tanglewood Estates|
|Castle Court||Kelley||Timbercreek Village|
|Cannon Homestead||Kimberly Estates||Timberline East|
|College Heights||Lake Forest||Timberline Estates Grapevine|
|Countryside East||Lakeside Estates||Timberline South|
|Countryside Estates||Lucas W C||Town Park|
|Creekwood West||Madison||Townhomes Of Westgate|
|Crestwood Hollow||Mc Clelland||Trail Lake|
|Dove Creek||Meadows||Western Oaks|
|Dove Crossing||Nightingale Estates||Western Oaks Grapevine|
|Dove Landing||North Side||Wood Creek|
|Druid Hills||Oak Creek||Woodland Hills Grapevine|
|East Wall Condo||Park Place Grapevine||Woods|
|Elmwood Heights||Parkwood Grapevine||Yates And Jenkins|
Demographics for Grapevine
The 5 year population estimate published by the Census Bureau has calculated that the total number of residents of Grapevine, TX consists of 50,538 people, of which 24,500 are men, and 26,038 are women. Of these, 75% are aged 18 and over, with the median age estimated at 37.8 years. The ethnic makeup of Grapevine residents is 80.4% White, 3.8% African American, 0.5% Native American, 5.7% Asian, and 9.6% belonging to other ethnic groups. The total number of inhabitants is distributed in 20,632 households, with a density of 1,564.64 people per square mile. Additionally, the median household income was estimated at $76,040, while the median income per family was $93,587. At the same time, the median income for males was significantly higher than that for females, with a difference of approximately 28%, and between 5.2 and 7.6% of residents lived below the poverty line.
Shopping in Grapevine
Because of its privileged location near the DFW airport and its constant influx of tourists, Grapevine, TX has become a popular shopping location both for residents and visitors alike. The area houses a large number of malls and shops, including:
- Grapevine Mills Mall – Located at 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkway, this popular outlet shopping center is considered to be the social heart of Grapevine, TX. Within its 1,600,000 square feet, visitors can find over 20 anchors and approximately 200 specialty retailers, together with a variety of restaurants, casual dining and state of the art entertainment venues, including an indoor ice rink and movie theater.
- Bass Pro Shop – Located across from Grapevine Mall at 2501 Bass Pro Dr, this popular specialty shop offers a wide variety of supplies and gear for those who enjoy fishing at Grapevine Lake, together with those who enjoy hunting and camping in nearby areas.
- Historic Downtown Shops – The city of Grapevine has placed a lot of focus on the maintenance of the historic downtown corridor, which attracts thousands of visitors each year thanks to its wonderful selection of wineries, breweries, restaurants, markets, charming boutiques with gifts, jewelry stores and small artisan studios showcasing locally manufactured crafts.
- Southlake Town Square – In the nearby city of Southlake, only 3.5 miles away from Grapevine, visitors and locals can enjoy a myriad of events and workshops, as well as fine and casual dining, together with many other activities at the Southlake Town Square. Of special note is Santa’s Village, which is available throughout the month of December and which provides a source of fun for the entire family.
The largest portion of Grapevine is served by the Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District, which currently enrolls approximately 13,500 students with a 95% graduation rate. It is also noteworthy to mention that 75% of the district’s graduates enroll in college.
The Grapevine-Colleyville encompasses 18 different public schools grades PK to 12, of which the most notable is Grapevine High School, which boasts an ample sports program that includes football, basketball, baseball, cross country, golf, tennis, soccer, swimming and diving, as well as band and music programs, which have produced a good number of renowned musicians.
Some of Grapevine High School’s notable alumni include Richard Bartel, who played for the Arizona Cardinals and Dallas Cowboys; Jack Brewer, who played for the Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, and Arizona Cardinals; and Henry Melton, who played for the Dallas Cowboys
Grapevine High School is also notable because it has been rated as a National Blue Ribbon School as well as a New American High School, as well as America’s 41st best high school in 2007, a title that was granted by Newsweek Magazine.
Hotels in Grapevine
Because Grapevine’s economy is largely dependent on tourism, and because of its short distance to DFW airport, the city is host to a large number of hotels, which have given it a good name as a vacation destination as well as a good place to conduct business. Some of these hotels are:
- Gaylord Texan – Located at 1501 Gaylord Trl, this 4 star resort boasts of 1511 non-smoking rooms arranged throughout 9 floors, 7 different restaurants and 2 bars/lounges, a full-service spa, an indoor pool and an outdoor pool, a water park, a nightclub, a 24 hour fitness center, and much more. It is considered to be one of the best resorts in the DFW area and is designed to make visitors feel right at home. Typical standard rates start at $244. For reservations, call 817-778-1000.
- Great Wolf Lodge – Located at 100 Great Wolf Drive, this 3 star water park resort offers visitors a wonderful array of activities for both children and adults, including indoor waterslides and pools, arts, crafts, and special character appearances, together with indoor snow during the winter months and a lively kids club. Hotel amenities include 402 rooms, a full service spa and exercise room, a restaurant, and multi-lingual staff members. For reservations, call 800-693-9653
- Hotels near Grapevine Mills Mall – For those looking to be at the heart of Grapevine, there are several additional hotels of interest, including:
- Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center –
Built on the lake and located less than a mile away from the mall at 1800 Highway 26 E, this 4 star hotel offers visitors 2 restaurants, 393 rooms, free Wi-Fi, and a poolside bar. For reservations, call 817-481-8444.
- Residence Inn by Marriott DFW Airport North/Grapevine –
Located less than a mile away from Grapevine Mills Mall, at 2020 State Highway 26, this 3 star hotel offers guests 133 rooms, a restaurant, a snack bar, a bar/lounge, a fitness center, and an outdoor pool. For reservations, call 972-539-8989.
- Courtyard by Marriott Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine –
Located at 2200 Bass Pro Ct, within easy reach of the Grapevine Mills Mall, this 3 star hotel offers visitors an outdoor pool, 170 rooms, a fitness center, a restaurant and snack bar, a nearby golf court, and a business center and 9 conference rooms. For reservations, call 817-251-9095.
- Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center –
The Best Restaurants in Grapevine
Fine dining is necessary experience in Grapevine. Restaurants, cafés, and other eateries from all around the world offer a wonderful selection of styles and entrées, the most notable of which, are:
- Mi Dia From Scratch – Conveniently located at 1295 S Main St., this popular Mexican eatery is open Monday through Sunday from 11am to 10pm.
- Bob’s Steak and Chop House – Delicious and hearty, this specialty steak house, located at 1255 S Main St, is open Monday through Thursday from 5pm to 10pm, and Friday and Saturday from 5pm to 11pm. Closed on Sunday.
- Dino’s Steak & Claw House – This locally loved steak house, located at 342 S Main St, is open Monday through Thursday from 5pm to 9:30pm, and Friday and Saturday from 5pm to 10:30pm. Closed on Sunday.
- Cafe Italia – This locally favorite BYOB Italian restaurant, located at 505 W Northwest Hwy, is open Sunday through Thursday from 11am to 9:30pm.
- Esparza’s Restaurante Mexicano – Strategically located at 124 E Worth St, this delightful Tex-Mex restaurant is open Monday through Thursday from 11am to 10pm, Friday and Saturday from 11am to 11pm, and Sunday from 11am to 8pm.
Things to do in Grapevine
Aside from fine dining, great shopping, and wonderful hotels, the activities and events held in Grapevine have helped rate it as one of the best vacation destinations in the DFW Metroplex. Some of the most popular things to do are:
- Legoland – Located at 3000 Grapevine Mills Pkwy, the Legoland Discovery Center offers 12 fun-filled family attractions, including Ninjago City Adventure, Miniland, Lego 4D Cinema, Kingdom Quest, Pirate Beach, and the famous Lego Factory Tour. Open Monday through Friday from 10am to 6pm, Saturday from 10am to 8pm, and Sunday from 11am to 6:30pm.
- Great wolf Lodge – Located at 100 Great Wolf Drive, this Water Park and spa offers a myriad of activities for both kids and adults, including the waterpark itself, a kids club, arts and crafts, and much more.
- Tinseltown Theatre – With 17 different cinemas, this enormous movieplex gives life to the quote that says everything is bigger in Texas. Located at 911 W State Hwy 114, this Cinemark movie complex offers comfortable seating and affordable pricing. For show times, call 817-481-5040.
- Main Event – Conveniently located at 407 W State Hwy 114, this state of the art bowling center, which also offers laser tag, handcrafted food, and more than 110 games for a wonderful evening of fun with friends or family, opens Monday and Friday from 11am to 2am, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 11am to midnight, and Saturday from 9am to 2am.
- Grapevine Lake – Impounded by the Army Corps of Engineers in 1952, when Denton Creek was damned, this beautiful lake now serves as a source of water for Grapevine and Dallas, as well as a recreational area enjoyed by both residents and visitors alike.
Hospitals in Grapevine
- Baylor Regional Medical Center – Located at 1600 W College St. #540, award winning Baylor Regional Medical Center offers a broad range of specialist services, which include family medicine, general surgery, emergency room, diagnostic radiology, and orthopedic surgery. A variety of payment options are available
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – Located at 1650 W College St, Level II Trauma Center offers a wide variety of specialties, including general surgery, breast imaging, gynecology, pain management, rehabilitation and physical therapy, and much more. Different payment options are available
One of the great attractions of Grapevine Lake is the number of parks and hiking trails surrounding the area, some of which are owned by the community, while others still remain under the control of the Army Corps of Engineers. There is a total of about 30 miles of different natural surface trails surrounding Grapevine Lake, including hiking, nature, biking and equestrian trails.
Additionally, Grapevine Lake hosts a good selection of camping sites, which have been conditioned for primitive and prepared camping, as well as trailer and RV sites. Some areas, such as Murrell Park only offer tent and primitive camping, while certain campgrounds, such as the Vineyards, also offer cabins and RV parking.
Grapevine boasts an amazingly active boating community, which is why Grapevine Lake offers the services of three private marinas, including Scott’s Landing (home to the Grapevine Sailing Club and the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary), Silver Lake, and Twin Coves, which provide a total of 1,400 moorings, and storage for an additional 575 vessels on land. The lake can be accessed by a total of 12 boat ramps, of which 10 charge a nominal fee, and 2, both located at Murrell Park, which are free.
Fishing and hunting are two other favorite activities in the area. Species of fish living in Grapevine Lake are largemouth bass, spotted bass, white bass, white crappie, channel catfish, and alligator gar. It is worthy of note that fishing regulations are established by state regulations, and bag limits vary by species and season. Hunting licenses are granted on a seasonal basis by the state of Texas, although an additional permit must be obtained by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Grapevine Texas Weather
Grapevine, Texas, receives approximately 38 inches of rain every year, together with about one inch of snow. Grapevine presents an average of 236 sunny days every year, with an average of 53 additional days showing any amount of precipitation. High temperatures during the summer, measured in the month of July are around 95 degrees, with the lowest temperatures being measured in January at around 35 degrees. In short, Grapevine has a very comfortable temperature, ranging between 70 and 80 degrees, during the largest portion of the year, with warm days and somewhat cool evenings, except during the mid-winter months.
Property Taxes in Grapevine
Property taxes in Grapevine, TX are dependent on the value of the property as well as the owner’s income level, but in general, the percentage for property tax is an average of 1.935%, of which 0.254% is for municipal taxes, 1.392% is for school taxes, and 0.289% goes to the city. The property tax in Texas is paid annually and is normally due on or around December 31.
- Grapevine, Texas Real Estate Statistics
- Grapevine, Texas – a Real Estate Agents Ultimate Guide to Everything You Need to Know