Where is Southlake, TX?
Nestled comfortably in the 76092 zip code of Tarrant County, Texas, Southlake is one of the most important suburbs in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan area. Covering an area of approximately 22.5 square miles, it houses a population of 29,101 inhabitants (2016 estimate). Southlake was first settled in 1840, but was not incorporated until 116 years later, in 1956, after Grapevine Lake was completed.
Financially speaking, Southlake has been ranked as the 9th wealthiest zip code in the United States, due to the fact that the majority of those living in the area earn an average of $100,000 per year. As if that weren’t enough, Southlake city is considered to be located in a privileged area, given that it is located only 8.8 miles away from DFW airport, together with its easy access to some of the most important employers in the area, including Sabre Holdings, Carroll ISD, Verizon Wireless, and Gateway Church, which in conjunction employ a little over 5,000 residents of Southlake. Read More
Southlake, Texas Real Estate Statistics
|Search by School||Search by Neighborhood||More Info on Southlake|
POPULAR SOUTHLAKE REAL ESTATE SEARCHES
|$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000||$500,000 - $600,000|
|$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000|
|$900,000 - $1,000,000||$1,000,000 - $1,500,000||$1,500,000 +|
|LAND FOR SALE||FORECLOSURES||LUXURY PROPERTIES|
SOUTHLAKE HOME SEARCH BY MAP
JUST LISTED IN SOUTHLAKE
THE 10 MOST EXPENSIVE HOMES CURRENTLY ON THE MARKET IN SOUTHLAKE
|ADAMS||JELLICO ESTATES||SOUTH LAKE PARK|
|AUTUMN CREEK||JOHNSON PLACE ESTATES||SOUTH VILLAGE AT WATERMERE|
|BRENTWOOD||KIMBALL CIRCLE ESTATES||SOUTHLAKE ESTATES|
|BRIARWOOD ESTATES||KIMBALL HILLS||SOUTHLAKE HILLS|
|BRITTANY PLACE||KIRKWOOD HOLLOW||SOUTHLAKE WOODS|
|CAMBRIDGE PLACE||LA MIRADA||SOUTHRIDGE LAKES|
|CAMDEN PARK||LAKE CREST||SOUTHVIEW|
|CARILLON||LAKEWOOD ACRES||SPRING OAKS|
|CARMEL BAY||LAKEWOOD RIDGE||ST. EMILION|
|CARROLL MEADOWS||LAURELWOOD PARK||STANHOPE|
|CEDAR CREEK PLANTATIONS||LOCH MEADOWS ESTATES||STONE LAKES|
|CEDAR OAKS ESTATES||LONESOME DOVE ESTATES||STONEBURY|
|CHAPEL DOWNS||MEADOW OAKS||STRATFORT GARDENS|
|CHELSEA PARK||MIRACLE POINTE||STRATFORT PARC|
|CHESAPEAKE PLACE||MISSION HILL ESTATES||SUMMERPLACE|
|CIMARRON ACRES||MONTICELLO ESTATES||THE BROWNSTONES|
|CLARIDEN RANCH||MYERS MEADOW||THE CLIFFS AT CLARIDEN RANCH|
|CONTINENTAL PARK ESTATES||NAPA VALLEY||THE DOMINION|
|COUNTRY WALK||NAPA VALLEY ESTATES||THE ENCLAVE|
|COVENTRY MANOR||OAK BEND ESTATES||THE LAKES OF LA PALOMA|
|CROSS TIMBER HILLS||OAK HILL ESTATES||THE LAKES ON DOVE|
|DIAMOND CIRCLE ESTATES||OAK POINTE||THE RESERVE OF SOUTHLAKE|
|DOVE ACRES||OAK TREE ESTATES||THE TRAILHEAD|
|DOVE ESTATES||OAKS||THE WOODS|
|EAST HAVEN||OAKWOOD ESTATES||TIMARRON|
|EMERALD ESTATES||OAKWOOD POND||TIMBER LAKE|
|ESTANCIA||OLD ORCHARD COUNTRY ESTATES||TRAIL CREEK|
|ESTES PARK||PALOMAR ESTATES||TRIPLE C RANCH|
|EVERGREEN ESTATES||PARK PLACE||TUSCAN RIDGE|
|FOX HOLLOW||PATTERSONS POND||TWIN CREEKS|
|FOXBOROUGH||PHEASANT RIDGE||VERANDAS AT SOUTHLAKE|
|GINGER CREEK ESTATES||QUAIL CREEK ESTATES||VERSAILLES|
|HARBOR OAKS||RAINFOREST||VILLAS DEL SOL|
|HEATHERWOOD ESTATES||RANDOL MILL ESTATES||VISTA TRAILS|
|HIGH POINT||RAVEN BEND||WAKEFIELD|
|HIGHLAND ESTATES||RAVENAUX PLACE||WESTWYCK HILLS|
|HIGHLAND OAKS||REGAL OAKS||WHISPERING DELL ESTATES|
|HILLSIDE ESTATES||RIDGEWOOD||WILMINGTON PARK|
|HILLTOP||ROYAL OAKS||WIMBLEDON ESTATES|
|HILLWOOD ESTATES||SADDLECREEK ESTATES||WINDING CREEK|
|HUDSON BAY ESTATES||SANDLIN MANOR||WINFIELD ESTATES|
|HUGHES||SHADOW CREEK||WINGATE HILL|
|HUNTERS RIDGE||SHADY OAKS||WOODBURY|
|HUNTWICK ESTATES||SIENA||WOODLAND HEIGHTS|
|INDIAN CREEK ESTATES||SOUTH HOLLOW|
Southlake is located within the Carroll Independent School District, formed by 11 different schools, which serve approximately 8,000 students at all levels. The Texas Education Agency has granted Carroll ISD the top rating of “Exemplary”, which makes the district one of the largest in the state to earn this ranking. Additionally, five of the district’s schools have received the special title of “National Blue Ribbon School”, a designation awarded by the U.S. Department of Education.
Search for homes in the Carroll Independent School District or by clicking the school links below:
- Carroll Elementary School (National Blue Ribbon School)
- Old Union Elementary School
- Rockenbaugh Elementary School (National Blue Ribbon School)
- Walnut Grove Elementary School
- Johnson Elementary School (National Blue Ribbon School)
- Carroll High School (grades 9, 10)
- Carroll Sr. High School (grades 11, 12) (National Blue Ribbon School)
As with most high schools in Texas, great emphasis is placed on the sports program, more specifically, football and baseball. Because of this, the Carroll ISD high schools have produced several NFL notables, such as Chase Daniel and Greg McElroy, both of who trained under head coach Todd Dodge, as well as MLB personalities, including Trevor Tacker, who last played with the New York Yankees, and Hudson Potts, who was drafted in 2016 by the San Diego Padres as the second youngest player selected in the first two rounds of the Draft.
Top Real Estate Communities in Southlake
Some of the most exclusive communities in Southlake, TX are:
- Timarron – Located in south central Southlake, the typical lot size of this community ranges from 0.15 to 1 acre. Timarron is formed by approximately 1,400 houses, which were built between 1992 and 2003. Some of the amenities to be found in this community are a country club, fitness center, clubhouse, swimming pools, tennis courts, parks, private lake, exercise and bicycle paths, playgrounds, and more.
- Carillon – Located in northwest Southlake, this community offers lots which range from 0.15 to 0.35 acres and is expected to have a total of 340 luxury homes by the time it is completed (first homes were built in 2012). Carillon (pronounced /kəˈrɪljən/) offers nearby amenities such as a clubhouse, swimming pool, neighborhood lake and/or pond, a greenbelt and walking paths.
- SouthRidge Lakes – Sometimes misspelled as “South Ridge Lakes”, this community is located in south central Southlake and includes lots that range from 0.3 to 0.75 acres. SouthRidge Lakes is formed by approximately 400 homes, which were built between 1990 and 1996. Some of the amenities in this community include a clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts, and playground.
- Stone Lakes – Located in south central Southlake this community includes lots that range from 0.3 to 0.75 acres. Stone Lakes is formed by approximately 335 homes, which were built between 1992 and 1997. Some of the amenities in this community include a clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts, and playground.
- Timber Lake – Located in south central Southlake this community includes lots that range from 0.3 to 0.6 acres. Timber Lake is formed by approximately 305 homes, which were built between 1990 and 2000. Some of the amenities in this community include a clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts, and playground
Southlake hosts a myriad of shopping galleries and miscellaneous stores, which offer a wide variety of goods, including
- Town Square – Located off Main Street, this quaint center hosts a nice selection of boutiques, banks, and other stores, as well as dining options ranging from bakeries, cafés, and international specialty cuisine. Town Square is also known for its seasonal events, such as Santa’s Village, and others.
- Costco – Located at 2601 E State Hwy 114, this popular wholesale store is open Monday through Friday from 10am to 8:30pm, Saturday from 9:30am to 6pm, and Sunday from 10am to 6pm.
- Apple store – Located at 260 Grand Avenue, this popular store is open Monday through Saturday from 10am to 9pm, and from 12pm to 6pm on Sundays.
- Central Market – Located at 1425 E Southlake Blvd., this location offers a wide range of prepared food, as well as a cooking school and catering services. It opens daily from 8am to 10pm.
- Gateway – One of the largest churches in the world, Gateway currently boasts of 39,000 active members. Located at 700 Blessed Way, the church opens on Saturday from 4pm to 5:30pm and Sunday from 9am to 12pm.
- Fellowship Southlake – Located at 2450 Hwy 121 N in Grapevine, TX (9.7 miles away from Southlake), Fellowship opens only on Sundays from 8:30am to 1pm.
- White’s Chapel UMC – Considered one of the most beautiful churches in the area, White’s Chapel UMC is located at 185 S White Chapel Blvd. The church is open Monday through Thursday from 8am to 5pm, Friday from 8am to 1pm, Saturday from 5:30pm to 6:30pm, and Sunday from 8am to 1:30pm.
Restaurants and Bars
Just as with many affluent cities, Southlake offers a wide variety of restaurants and bars that are sure to cover almost all tastes, from casual and quick dining to fancy gourmet selections. Some of the most popular are:
- Cheescake Factory – Conveniently located at 1440 Plaza Pl., this popular franchise is open Monday through Thursday from 11am to 11pm, Friday from 11am to midnight, Saturday from 10am to midnight, and Sunday from 10am to 11pm.
- Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles – Known for its chicken and waffles, but also serving a good selection of soul food made from scratch, Lo-Lo’s is located at 1201 E. State Hwy 114, Suite 100, and is open Monday to Thursday from 10am to 10pm, Friday from 10am to 11pm, Saturday from 7am to 11pm and Sunday from 7am to 10pm.
- Pizza – Convenient and delicious, pizza is one of America’s favorite foods, and Southlake is catered by several popular pizza places, including:
- Taverna Rossa – located at 1151 Southlake Blvd #300, this top ranked restaurant is open Monday through Thursday from 11am to midnight, Friday from 11am to 1am, Saturday from 10:30am to 1am, and Sunday from 10:30am to 10pm.
- Coal Vine’s – located at 1251 E Southlake Blvd #301, Coal Vine’s opens Monday and Tuesday from 4:30pm to 9pm and Wednesday through Saturday from 4:30pm to 10pm. Closed on Sunday.
- Spin! Neapolitan Pizza – located at 1586 E Southlake Blvd, this popular restaurant is open Monday through Sunday from 11am to 9pm.
- TruFire – One of Southlake’s most popular kitchen and bar, TruFire is located at 1239 Main Street, in the heart of Southlake’s Town Square. Business hours are Monday through Thursday from 11am to 10pm, Friday from 11am to 11pm, Saturday from 10:30am to 11pm, and Sunday from 10:30am to 9pm.
Hospitals in Southlake
Some of the most important hospitals in the DFW Metroplex service Southlake, TX, including:
- Texas Health: Harris Methodist – Located at 1545 E Southlake Blvd, award winning Harris Methodist hospital offers a broad range of specialist services, which include bariatric surgery, general surgery, emergency room, neurosurgery, and orthopedics. A variety of payment options are also available.
- Methodist Southlake Hospital – Located at 421 E State Hwy 114, this full-service, acute-care hospital offers a wide variety of specialties, including general surgery, gynecology, pain management, primary care, and more. Several different payment options are available.
Southlake is well known for its popular seasonal events, many of which are held in Town Square as well as local parks and other venues. Some of the most popular events are:
- Art in the Square – held in Southlake Town Square during late April, this 3-day fundraising, juried art festival is organized by the Southlake Women’s Club. All proceeds are donated to a variety of charities.
- Easter in the Park – Sponsored by Gateway Church, this event features 30,000 candy and toy filled eggs, together with a petting zoo, inflatables, trampolines, crafts, balloon artists, and many other activities for children of all ages.
- Oktoberfest – Hosted by Southlake’s Chamber of Commerce, and held in early October, this 3 day festival features a number of handcrafted arts and crafts booths, food, beverages and live entertainment, together with its famous wiener dog race. Admission and parking are free.
- Monster Mash – Held in late October at The Marq, this well loved Halloween celebration features a number of activities such as trick-or-treat, crafts and games, live music, balloon artists and much more for both children and adults. Admission is free.
- Hilton: Southlake Town Square – This beautiful 3.5 star hotel, located at 1400 Plaza, Pl, in the heart of Southlake’s Town Square, offers guests free Wi-Fi and parking, together with a buffet style breakfast at its renowned restaurant, as well as a pool, non-smoking rooms, and room service. For reservations, call: 855-605-0316.
- Cambria Southlake DFW North – A good option for non-smokers, this 3.5 star hotel, located at 2104 E State Highway 114, offers guests free Wi-Fi and parking, as well as the availability of breakfast and a restaurant with a good assortment of entrées, together with a pool and air conditioned premises. For reservations, call: 817-329-1010.
- DFW Marriott Solana – Located only a few minutes away from Southlake at 1301 Solana Blvd in Westlake, this non-smoking, 4 star hotel offers guests free Wi-Fi and parking, a pool and room service and restaurant services. For reservations, call: 817-430-5000.
Property Taxes in Southlake
While property taxes in Southlake, and all of Texas, might seem higher than at other places, the fact that residents do not pay any state or local income tax, can actually bring the total amount paid in taxes down, rather than up. Of course, this is also dependent on the value of the property and the owner’s income level, but in general, the percentage for property tax is an average of 2.46%, of which 0.46% is for municipal taxes, 1.39% is for school taxes, and 0.61% goes to the county. The property tax in Texas is paid annually and is normally due on or around December 31.
The Census Bureau has estimated that, as of 2016, the total population of Southlake, TX consists of 29,101 residents, of which 14,510 are men, and 14,591 are women. Of these, 67.3% are aged 18 and over, with the median age estimated at 42.2 years. The ethnic makeup of Southlake residents is 88.3% White, 2.1% African American, 0.3% Native American, 6.2% Asian, and 3.1% belonging to other ethnic groups. The total of the population is distributed in 8,193 households, with a density of 1328.8 people per square mile.
Southlake also boasts the highest median income in the DFW Metroplex, with an amount in excess of $194,000 per household (both single and combined incomes), something that is attributed to the lack of apartments and multi-family housing in the area.
Southlake Area Amenities
As with any planned community, Southlake offers a myriad of activities and facilities directed at communal living and enjoyment. The most important of which, are:
- The Marq – Designed to be built in two separate phases, this outstanding recreation center is located in the southwest corner of Bicentennial Park off Shady Oaks Drive. Phase 1, completed in 2015, covers a total of 23, 367 square feet and is formed by an events hall, multipurpose conference & meeting spaces, a club lounge, catering kitchen, senior center, an outdoor amphitheater and events space. Phase 2, started in the Fall of 2016 and which does not have an estimated completion date, will cover approximately 84,000 square feet and has been designed to include areas for fitness, performance training, gymnasium, indoor jog/walk track, indoor aquatics, indoor playground, party rooms, child watch and multipurpose classrooms for programs.
- Parks and Facilities – Recognizing the importance of parks and other community facilities to prosperous and positive communal living, the city of Southlake has placed great importance in the construction and maintenance of its parks, which are recognized for their perfectly manicured lawns and different amenities. In total, Southlake offers its residents the following areas which can be enjoyed by all:
- 1100 park acres
- 6 miles of park trails
- 10 ponds
- 5 concession/restroom facilities
- 2 amphitheaters
- 1 dog park
- 7 playgrounds
- 21 pavilions
- 21 lighted tennis courts
- 73 practice and game fields/ facilities
- Southlake, Texas Real Estate Statistics
- Southlake Real Estate – The Ultimate Guide